Also See: Historical Timeline of LGVFC
Early in 1929, after several fires in the area, some of the residents of the Long Green community began discussing the possibility of forming a local organization equipped to assist with the suppression of fires and other emergencies. At that time, the only help Long Green received was from the paid fire companies of Fullerton and Towson or the volunteer fire company in Cockeysville.
At a meeting of the Long Green Improvement Association, five members were appointed to take the necessary steps to form a fire company. They were: U. Grant Warfel, James M. Owings, George H. Schmidt, John F. Burke, and C. Emory Yoder.
After several meetings of the committee and with assistance from the paid and volunteer fire departments, the groundwork was laid. The incorporation papers had been drawn up by attorney J. Fletcher Gorsuch of Towson, naming the above committee as incorporators. A By-law Committee, Soliciting Committee, and Equipment Committee were appointed.